Good Sleep for All: We’re Teaming Up with Good360 to Turn the Tide on Youth Homelessness
At Allswell, we believe that the power of a good night’s sleep can transform lives. And now, by supporting Good360 — an organization that works with over 80,000 nonprofits throughout the U.S. to distribute necessary goods to communities in need — we’re thrilled to say we’re helping to do just that.
Allswell is a nimble vertical brand, and we pride ourselves on the ability to offer effective solutions for consumer needs and concerns. So, considering Good360’s 35-year track record of offering inventive turnkey solutions and the ability to handle virtually any size and type of product donation, it’s no surprise we proudly chose this organization — which has distributed more than $9 billion in product to date — as our first charity partner. Thanks to its reach and experience, Good360 can seriously maximize our donations: for every $1 we donate to them, they can distribute a minimum of $10 in needed goods.
We support Good360 with both financial and mattress donations, and earmark 70% of our mattress donations for foster care organizations. And we encourage you to get involved too — from donating directly to shelters to in-person volunteering — because youth homelessness is a serious issue, as these statistics, compiled by the National Coalition for the Homeless, show:
- There are between 1 million and 1.7 million homeless youth who have run away or have been asked to leave their homes.
- 61.8% of homeless youth reported depression, 71.7% reported experiencing major trauma such as physical or sexual abuse, and 79.5% experienced symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder for more than a month
- Between 6% and 22% of homeless girls are estimated to be pregnant.
- 75% of homeless or runaway youth have dropped out or will drop out of school.
- Between 20% and 40% of homeless youth identify as LGBT.
Together, we can help turn these numbers around. Thanks for making a difference — and for helping us make good sleep accessible to all.
Find out more about Allswell x Good360.